Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 20:33:17 -0500
From:      Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHC Driver Throughput Question

I have an Adaptech 2940UW controller. I am interested in purchasing
an Ultra-Wide SCSI-3 drive with the capability of 40MB/sec throughput.

After giving the driver source a quick look, it appears the Ultra
and Wide are supported, but not together since the max throughput
registered by the driver is 20MB/sec in 16 bit mode of operation.

Am I wrong in thinking that purchasing a Ultra-Wide SCSI-3 drive
with an advertised max throughput of 40MB/sec would not be
fully realized using the current driver?

Thank's

-Ron
Ron Bolin rlb@mindspring.com, http://www.mindspring.com/~rlb/
GSU: gs01rlb@panther.gsu.edu matrlbx@indigo4.cs.gsu.edu  Home: