Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2013 17:54:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Should I do a __FreeBSD_version bump for a kgssapi module kernel api change?

Hi,

I have a commit to add support for host-based (Kerberos would call
these "service") principal initiator credentials to the kgssapi and
krpc.

It requires an additional call into the kgssapi, which means a change
to the kernel api used to communicate with the kgssapi module (not used
by anything else).

What I am not sure of is whether or not this change requires a bump to
__FreeBSD_version? (I think it would be possible to crash if the kernel
is updated, but the kgssapi module is not.)

Btw, I do not plan on MFCing this patch, so the above only applies to
head/current.

Thanks in advance for any help with this, rick