Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:59:40 +0400
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Beautiful variable names

Take a look at PR/49955. I think it's very convinient to have
documentation automatic install and may be examples too. I've reworked a
Sergei Kolobov's patch. But there is one doubt. What is the best
variable name must we use? Sergei offer INSTALL_DOCS. I offer
DOCS_FILES. So, for examples we can use EXAMPLES_FILES.

Well, IMHO the best names are just DOCS and EXAMPLES (to be like INFO),
but DOCS is used by more then 330 ports and EXAMPLES is used by 70
ports. So we can't use them without ports modifications.

What is the best way: to take more beautiful names and to modify 400
ports or to take the backward compatible names?

PS. I think this question mostly to portmgr. They are make decisions.

----
Sem.