Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:52:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Sumbry][" <sumbry@ahnet.net>
To:        jfesler@gigo.com
Cc:        Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage questions

> > >From time to time we get customers who want to use some Microsoft SQL or
> > access database in a Frontpage Web.  Is there ANY way of dealing with this
> > under the Unix FPE, or do I just have to turn all of those customers elsewhere.
>
> Either turn'em away, or set up a NT box specifically for those types of
> customers if you want to keep them around (is there a business case for
> this, for you?)   I know of one ISP near me that did it that way..

Because we do NT hosting as well, the above has never been a problem for us,
however I *do* believe that you can accomplish the above by using ODBC for
Unix.  I'm pretty positive that Unix (and hopefully FreeBSD) ODBC drivers
exist out there somwhere. If such is the case, then you could setup 1 NT box
running MSSQL and Access, then use Unix ODBC drivers to link the two.

Of course I've never tried this, anyone else out there maybe has?

-----
Sumbry][ | Affinity Hosting | http://affinity.net | sumbry@affinity.net
"Run, run, fast as ya can, ya can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man."