Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:28:46 +0100
From:      "Andreas Nilsson" <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lenovo t61p suspend/resume

Hello,

I installed 7.1-realease on my Lenovo Thinkpad t61p and most things works
really good. Not suspend to ram, though, which is a must for me.

When I do 'acpiconf -s3' from console or X the machine hard locks before
going to sleep. Doing it in the console gives no further debuging clues.

I've searched a bit but I can't seem to find any information. I've read
everything from 'suspend not supported on SMP' to 'works fine'. The install
is a i386 because I want nVidias binary drivers. They were however not
loaded/used during testing.

Suspend works great on GNU/Linux ( Gentoo ) and OpenSolaris, so the machine
is capable of suspend. Any ideas what I should try to get this to work?

I'm new to FreeBSD, but have been using unix-like OS's for the last for
years.

Best regards
Andreas Nilsson