Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:33:01 -0600
From:      Kyle Martin <mkm@ieee.org>
To:        adam@vectors.cx
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, pat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: limewire and those annoying distfiles

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:11:03PM -0800, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:11:03 -0800
> From: Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
> To: mkm@ieee.org, pat@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: limewire and those annoying distfiles
>
> K. I'm getting frustrated with limewire changing the distfile without
> changing the filename. What do you think about just dropping the
> distfile onto freebsd's servers, and being done with it?
>
> I'm happy to keep the file updated if you just let me know that a new
> version's afoot. The following will use the distfile I've placed in my
> distfiles dir.
>
> Thoughts?

-snip-

yes it is annoying, pat just committed the update, so just nuke the distfile
before you rebuild so it will refetch the new distfile, in the meanwhile ive
contacted the limewire developers in hopes of getting them to start using
unique distfile names per version.

--
Kyle Martin || mkm@IEEE.org || http://www.BSDng.org
"Profanity is the only language all programmers understand."