Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 09:19:36 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@bl.mmtr.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, markus@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

Hideyuki KURASHINA wrote:
> Hi, Markus

>>I'm looking for testers for a mostly rewritten and enhanced version of the
>>acpi_ibm (ACPI Thinkpad Extras) driver.
>>
>>You can find it along with a first draft of the new manpage at:
>>
>>http://people.freebsd.org/~markus/ibm/
>>
>>If you are running -CURRENT, simply replace the former driver with the new
>>one in sys/dev/acpi_support and rebuild it. (sorry, no patch for 5.x for
>>now).
>>
>>Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
>># sysctl hw.acpi.ibm
>

> I built kernel as of today, my X40 shows:
>
> hw.acpi.ibm.initialmask: 2060
> hw.acpi.ibm.availmask: 2524
> hw.acpi.ibm.events: 0
> hw.acpi.ibm.eventmask: 2060
> hw.acpi.ibm.hotkey: 1312
> hw.acpi.ibm.lcd_brightness: 7
> hw.acpi.ibm.volume: 0
> hw.acpi.ibm.mute: 0
> hw.acpi.ibm.thinklight: 0
> hw.acpi.ibm.bluetooth: 0
> hw.acpi.ibm.wlan: 1
> hw.acpi.ibm.fan_rpm: 4285
> hw.acpi.ibm.fan_status: 1
> hw.acpi.ibm.thermal: 48 43 47 40 25 -1 32 -1
>

>>In any case: Please send me your DSDT for further improvement of the driver
>>(even if you run FreeBSD 5):
>># acpidump -t -d > name-system.asl
>

> http://www.rushani.jp/tmp/TPX40_2371-GDE.asl
>

>>- write support for: volume, mute, brightness and thinklight
>>- led(4) interface for the thinklight (thanks simon)
>>- support for reading the fan status and speed
>>- support for reading up to 8 thermal sensors
>

> Works fine.  I cannot find any regression compared with previous
> one.  Nice work!
>
> BTW, wlan LED only works before suspend, that is, it won't blink after
> suspend (this is same behavior as before).

I haven't been able to make suspend-resume work correctly on my t42p but
if the wlan LED is the same one controlled by the ath driver then you
might check the suspend-resume logic in the driver to make sure it
re-enables the gpio pin.  I thought it did but given that I can't resume
properly it's hard to test...

	Sam