Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:25:09 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mambo -- install dir

Hi

How can I configure install so that mambo is installed into the directory of
my choosing?

By default mambo installs in /usr/local/www

However for virtual web servers on on my systems I have:

/usr2/virtualservers/server1
/usr2/virtualservers/server2

etc etc

<Maybe I am missing something obvious -- but I cannot find a standard way to
customize target installation locations.

The over generalization that the default path is the correct path for
installation seems to be a curse in the freebsd ports system which is a
virulent nuisance in the ports/www but, although a less frequent cause of
difficulty  in other parts of the ports system, it remains a frequent cause
of difficulty.

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.