Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:02:51 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dan the Man <dan@microtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gettytab question

Dan the Man wrote:

> I sent this to the stable list by mistake earlier...hope no one got all
> upset.

	Doubt it. :)

>    Maybe someone out there can shed some light on this for me.  My
> 3.4-RELEASE
> system (custom kernel build) seems to be ignoring the 'if' and 'lm'
> fields in /etc/gettytab.

	More details please. Is one working and not the other? If so, is 'if'
working maybe?  A friend and I worked out the 'if' dingus for FreeBSD a
while back, but recently I've noticed that it doesn't play nice with
others. Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out why (no time).

>  Everything I have read indicates that what I
> am doing should work, and the 'im' field works fine.

	Is there any reason you need both 'im' and 'if'? They are intended to do
effectively the same thing, and you can use the %character expansions in
your issue file as well.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"