Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 14:52:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "John A. Booth" <john@ulantris.infinop.com>
To:        michael@memra.com (Michael Dillon)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Majordomo problem

> > Hi, I have set up the majordomo-1.93 on my FreeBSD2.1.0-stable, and
> > apply "test" as an example. I can subscribe, unsubscribe to it, but when
> > I send a mail to test or test-list, I can NOT find out where the mail
> > gone.  What's wrong with it???
>
> I could never get Majordomo working 100% correctly and the darn PERL
> scripts would swamp the server when too many messages came in at the same
> time. Now I run SmartList with procmail.
> ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail
> Noth packages are in the same directory there.

1.	Make sure your permissions are setup correctly (this doesn't
	look like the problem in your case).

2.
	#This is my setup in the /etc/aliases file for a non-digesting list
	ls-sdk: "|/usr/local/etc/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -l ls-sdk -f Ls-Sdk-Owner -h infinop -s ls-sdk-outgoing"
	# make sure below line is in--it basically takes the whole list
	# and includes it as e-mail addresses to send.
	# also you can goto the directory and
	# cat the file to see who's subscribed eg. cat /usr/local/mail/lists/ls-sdk
	ls-sdk-outgoing::include:/usr/local/mail/lists/ls-sdk
	ls-sdk-owner: owner-ls-sdk
	ls-sdk-approval: owner-ls-sdk
	ls-sdk-request: "|/usr/local/etc/majordomo/wrapper request-answer ls-sdk"
	owner-ls-sdk-request: ls-sdk-owner
	owner-ls-sdk: john

Is working ok now--there were some rough spots but if I ever have to do it
again it's pretty easy.