Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:07:46 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: PayPaI Cash Give-Away

[Replies have been pointed to -chat, as this really is OT for -questions.]

Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net> types:
> Well, hopefully PayPal takes the page down, and cancels the transactions
> for these people.  If not, the few people who already paid can dispute
> charges on their credit card bills I suppose.

If you reverse a charge on a credit card bill - or on an ACH
transaction - PayPal will *automatically* restrict your account,
meaning there is no way to move money out of it - or even close it -
until you've jumped through a rather inane set of hoops. Their
so-called support seems to be designed to keep money locked into their
system, not to actually solve any problems. At times the same action
on your part will cause different parts of their system to do
different - and sometimes contradictory - things.

The four months of agony the caused me after they accidently
double-billed a transaction are enough that I'll never do business
through them again. Things are finally straightened out as far as I'm
concerned, but last time I looked they had taken money from the person
I sent the money to, claiming I said I never received the merchandise
even though I never said any such thing.

	<mike