Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:10:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA success story

   Great job, Soren! The ATA drivers work great for me. I see no speed change
in transfer rate, and an increase in interrupts, but I expect better
performance when DMA has been implemented. Boot time has decreased from about
40 seconds to about 7 seconds as well, something I've long wanted!
   You seem to have forgotten to update files.i386 and sys/conf/options for
atapi-fd and for ATA_STATIC_ID, but that's not too bad, and easily fixed on
my side. Guess what, though?

afd0: <LS-120 COSM 02 UHD Floppy/0271C09T> rewriteable drive at ata1 as master
afd0: 120MB (246528 sectors), 963 cyls, 8 heads, 32 S/T, 512 B/S

And read/write work both flawlessly!

Thanks for all your work!

 Brian Feldman					  _ __  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org			      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \