Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:16:22 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        fbsdq <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   device ath compile in kernel

I wanted to compile my wifi ath based card in the new kernel, but got
some errors that I can't solve myself.
After adding "device ath" I got compilation errors (ath_hal errors), so
I put in "device ath_hal" (although there is no mention of it in the
dox). The hal errors dissappeared, but now I got ath_rate errors while
compiling. Adding "device ath_rate" did not work. ;-) Does not exist..

So, what exactly do I put in the kernel config when I want to compile
support for my ath based wifi card?
The wlan options compile in are:
# Wireless NIC cards
device	wlan		#802.11 support
device	wlan_wep	#802.11 WEP support
device	wlan_ccmp	#802.11 CCMP support
device	wlan_tkip	#802.11 TKIP support
device	wlan_xauth	#802.11 ext authenticatorsupport
device	wlan_acl	#802.11 MAC ACL support

How do I add my ath card ? Loading it from /boot/loader.conf goes well,
but I want it in the kernel.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ The Power to Serve