Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:12:00 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird Fxtv issue, flaky card?

Jason Andresen:
 |There are 5 seperate shots here.  They are all fairly large
 |unfortunatly.
 |
 |http://dwagner.yi.org/~jandrese/fxtvproblems/

Really strange.  These don't look like the RISC program on the capture card
failing and restarting to me; it looks like a noisy signal.

I'd try moving the TV card to a different slot, replacing the run of coax
running to it, or maybe adding an in-line signal amplifier with an
adjustable gain knob.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper