Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:13:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/?

Hello!

 With all this discussion of FreeBSD vs. Linux flying around, I decided to see
what I could find on the web on the comparision, because a well done "freeBSD is
better than Linux for these reasons" page could be a powerful and persausive
document that we could point Linux users and the media to. I found two pages:

 http://www.tiny1.demon.co.uk/case-histories/COLM-4-25-95.html
   favors Linux

 http://www.linuxrx.com/WS_Linux/OS_comparison.html
  (check the boxes for Linux and FreeBSD)
  This is attempting to be unbiased, although it is on the
  "Linux Resource Exchange Page". Linux seems to fair slightly better
  in the comparision.

I also looked through freebsd.org for this sort of document, but couldn't find
one. I even tried http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/ :)

 I'm interesting in helping such a page come to life, but I don't have enough
experience with FreeBSD or the technical detail of the two OSes to build the
guts of this document. Benchmarking info and statistics would be great here.
 I *could* help with some graphic design and web design enhancements (charts and
graphs?). That's why my strongest skills lie.

-mark
Designer, Summersault Web Design
http://www.summersault.com/mark