Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 10:56:17 GMT
From:      daniel cialdella <dcialdella@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/97025: fbsd (2 cd) dont install in vmware 5.5.0 - reboot.

>Number:         97025
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       fbsd (2 cd) dont install in vmware 5.5.0 - reboot.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious

I try to install fbsd 6.1 in a vmware machine.

the virtual pc is, 4 gb hard scsii, 250 mbram, vga, spanish keyboard

boot the cd, install
partition disk
start the install process.
menu sysinstall
Select Simple
Select MINIMAL install
use spanish keyboard
copy files to disk.
activate the lan card (dhcp OK),
i select a proxy server (http://xx.xx.xx.xx:port)
download some parts (source, docs. others)
show a Complete install ports. perss enter

reboot.

>How-To-Repeat:

follow this instalation sequence (i do it many times)

i repeat it with spanish boards, with more and less ram.
select all ports, docs, sources, X and select MINIMAL.
the problem occurs in the same place.
>Fix:

mmm i dont.