Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:55:40 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DES Passwords on 4.1.1?

On the subject of Re: DES Passwords on 4.1.1?, Cejka Rudolf stated:

> Charles Henrich wrote (2000/11/20):
> > What new magic is there on 4.1.1 to use DES passwords?  I see the package
> > is no longer an install option, and by default it creates all passwords
> > MD5...  Anyone?
>
> Add "passwd_format=des" in your login.conf in default section.  It should be
> sufficient to generate DES passwords again.

That didnt seem to do it, im running yppasswd to set the accounts and on any
4.1.1 machines it sets it as the MD5 password, if I do it on any older FreeBSD
boxes it works as expected.  This is becoming a nightmare as we have
non-FreeBSD boxes accessing the same YP server and its breaking logins for us
:(  Any other ideas?

-Crh

      Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@sigbus.com

                       http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich