Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:08:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za, netmonger@genesis.ispace.com, julian@whistle.com, root@triton.press.southern.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting older versions of FreeBSD

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> As Chuck Robey wrote...

> > > We have a 1.0 CD, which is rumoured to have been mastered on a previous
> > > incarnation of the machine I'm on.  Have looked around on the filesystem,
> > > but haven't quite got up the courage to try install it.  (Besides, I'm not
> > > sure the hardware I have around would be supported.)
> >
> > You want to be a little careful here.  Some folks who were around then
> > may recall that 1.1 (as it was labelled) had to be released twice,
> > because the first issue had a screwup, and although all the files showed
> > up, the data on the disk for about half of them was garbage.
>
> Labeled 1.1? Mine definitely says 1.0

I have the 1.0, but I was referring to the 1.1.  He was talking about
1.1.5.1, and I think the 1.1 cdrom is the closest cdrom release to that.
There wasn't any fubar done on the 1.0 cdrom, just the 1.1.

 on the paper and on the CD itself.
> And december 1993.
>
> > Both cdroms (the good one and the bad one) came in identical cases, and
> > were silkscreened the same, but one was labbelled "1.1", the other "6/94
> > Beta" in the nearly invisible labelling near the center ring.  There was
>
> Mine says "Mastered by Nimbus" and "FreeBSD CDROM" in the center.
>
> Wilko
>  |   / o / /  _  Bulte 				  email: wilko@yedi.iaf.nl
>  |/|/ / / /( (_) Arnhem, The Netherlands          WWW  : http://www.tcja.nl

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).