Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:13:42 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wi0 problems under latest STABLE

Dan Langille wrote:

> This is the  /etc/pccard.conf which I was using:

> card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
>         config  0x1 "wi" ?
>         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
>         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

 >         insert  wicontrol -i $device -p 3
 >         insert  wicontrol -i $device -k "4gRp1"

I don't have those lines in my pccard.conf.  I have the following
in /etc/rc.conf

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_conf="/etc/pccard.conf"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
pccard_beep="0"
pccardd_flags=" -z "

and have the wicontrol commands in /etc/start_if.wi0

What rev of the firmware is on the card?  You can download WSU_810.exe
and exract and run the util on a windoze macheen.