Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:29:57 +0200
From:      "Gareth Bailey" <blygar1@webmail.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up sendmail and IMAP

Hello

I want to set up 5.2 Release as an email server. I have
performed basic configuration of the sendmail config files
as outlined in the handbook

I installed cyrus imapd. I'm battling. Can't seem to find a
straight forward setup guide. I installed it using passwd
password authentication. I enabled IMAP4 in inetd. Thats
how far i am at the mo.

I need outlook and outlook express clients to download
messages and send mail through the server. How am i to
configure the clients?

Perhaps there is a simpler pop3 or IMAP server (preferably)
that i can use.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Gareth

http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup Webmail ISP - Cool Connection, Cool Price