Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 2002 20:29:52 -0800
From:      patrick gibson <freebsd@patrickg.com>
To:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySQL Password not masked in process listings

On 11/2/02 18:31, John Brooks wrote:

> use "-p" without a password, you will be prompted for it and the
> ps listing will not be displaying it then

I know I can do this -- but if I have a script which needs to connect to the
database, I would like to be able have a non-interactive connection. I'm
also aware that one can specify usernames and passwords in the ~/.my.cnf
file, but I connect to different databases with different passwords, so that
way would not really work for me either.

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed this difference between running
MySQL on FreeBSD and Linux.

Patrick

---| patrick gibson |---------------+
 email: email @ patrickg.com