Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:18:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@ferginc.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades boards and Minor numbers

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, David Greenman wrote:

> >	of ports to 32.
> > Which... when put together with the number scheme used, gives me only
> > two boards supported. This is because the driver assumes 32 port
> > boards and restarts the minor number 32 positions up for the second
> > board.  I tried making a change to cyreg.h to lower that assumption
> > to 16 ports....  but it didn't work.  So what I am looking for is the
> > possibility of making this machine support more than two boards.  Is
> > this possible?
>
>    The man page is wrong. I fixed that some time ago to support more boards
> as you can plug in.

 Hmmm... then I am in a quandry... the first two boards work fine. The
 third board probes correctly. When I attach to a device using tip...
 it connects but no data passes through... when I try to disconnect it
 hangs.

 Here is the hung process information:
 branson  10955  0.0  1.7   260  524  pg  INE+ -          0:00.00 (tip)
 branson  10956  0.0  0.0     0    0  pg  ZN+  -          0:00.00 (tip)

 Here is the probe information:
 cy0 irq 5 maddr 0xd4000 msize 8192 on isa
 cy1 irq 11 maddr 0xd6000 msize 8192 on isa
 cy2 irq 15 maddr 0xd8000 msize 8192 on isa

 And the device I am using with tip from /etc/remote:
 kheldar|cuac20:pa=none:dv=/dev/cuac20:br#9600

 I have tried nullmodeming the port on the cy and see no data comming
 thru. I have verified the settings on the boards, and on the cards.
 I can switch cables between cards and it works as expected... so I am
 rather stumped. Any other ideas?

 - branson

Branson Matheson       			" If you are falling off of a mountain,
System Administrator              You may as well try to fly."
Ferguson Enterprises               - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador