Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:11:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Andrew Konstantinov <andrei@kableu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3 -> 5 : sshd multiple log entries & login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Andrew Konstantinov wrote:

> > > I can't reproduce this on my systems, many of which started at 5.3 and now
> > > build 5-stable.  Are you using the system ssh or one you built from ports?
> > >
> > > What is the output of 'ls -l /etc/login.conf*'?
>
> I knew I wasn't hallucinating. When I rebuild and reinstall src/lib/libc
> from RELENG_5_3 sources on RELENG_5 system, all of the above problems
> disappear altogether. The bugs are in the dynamically linked library
> that sshd relies on. Once the new library is in place and
> "/etc/rc.d/sshd restart" is performed, the bugs disappear. I don't have
> time to dig into that right now, but I'll be back with patches.

The simple fact stands that noone else can reproduce this, which leads me
to believe you took a non-standard approach to upgrading, and therefore
are getting what you asked for. :-)

If you can provide exact reproduction steps, starting from bare metal,
I'll follow them.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org