Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:02:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Barry Bierbauch <pivrnec@vszbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld failing in share

On 16 Aug 1998, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Anyone else having problems in the new locale stuff?

Briefly...

As a hack, I created the directory, where it was failing, beforehand:
ls -la /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/
total 211
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin  bin     512 Aug 16 18:41 .
drwxr-xr-x  38 bin  bin    1536 Aug 16 18:36 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 bin  bin  202076 Aug 16 18:41 LC_CTYPE

That was enough to let make installworld populate this directory and
complete, barring a Real solution.

On a related note, is anyone interested if I bundle up all the changes I
had to make to the CAM diffs of 16.07 with the latest source, and make 'em
public?  No guarantees I did anything right, but I've been up all of a few
minutes (my machine, that is, not me, I've been up far, far longer and
should crash real soon now)

Barry Bouwsma, Tele Danmark Internet