Date:      20 Mar 2001 00:27:41 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        Joachim =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help: Burning a cd with burncd and Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A

>> Mine is the previous model : 12/10/32A. But, it's a good idea to test
>> first with CD-RW, not with CD-R...

Joachim> Apart from not wasting that many empty cd:s?

Only for that : to test without wasting too much CD-R ;-)

Joachim> Neiter FreeBSD nor Windows can open/read/access any CD
Joachim> created in FreeBSD. The player chews on the CD for a while
Joachim> and then ejects it.

Gosh...

>> And, BTW, have you try to burn a CD under Windows?

Joachim> Yes. Several. ISO-s.

>> If it runs ok with another OS, try to change its place in the ATA
>> chain: try to swap the DVD and the Plextor (be careful to change the
>> rear bridges, too).

Joachim> I have tried that, but nothing of that kind seems to work.
Joachim> Help?!

I'm afraid i have burned all my bullets... Have you tried to play with
the -s option of burncd ? My Plextor fails to death last week, it was
still covered by warranty so Plextor sent me another drive : i've just
plug it, test it and all was ok. It's a 10/12/32, i don't think there
is a difference with burn process as yours is a 10/12 too

Anyway, i hope someone here, much more aware of the internals of
burncd, will help you
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1288404658 secondes.