Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <joup@bigfoot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   adding to the FAQ(s)

Hi,

I've been trying to find a decent explanation regarding the status of
SCSI/ATAPI support in FreeBSD, and everything in the archives seems to say
"Linux-style SCSI emulation will never happen" or "use burncd."  The most
enticing tidbit I found was Nick Hibma's post from March 2000 regarding
his SCSI->UFI work, and that he would be working on supporting ATAPI under
CAM.

Given the numbers of questions I had to wade through to get this somewhat
aged answer, I was thinking that it might be a good candidate for
inclusion in the FreeBSD FAQ.  So my question really is, what's the best
way to get an "official" statement on this into the FAQ?  If anybody cares
to update on the current status of Mr. Hibma's project, I'd also like to
know.

Thanks
Mark Miller