Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:31:41 +0200
From:      Anton Stamenov <anton.stamenov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LIRC guide for FreeBSD

for freebsd the lirc socket is not in /dev/ but in /var/lirc/lircd,
and almost all port software knows where to find it.

I've managed to set it up with my pinnacle serial remote, but I had
to patch the lirc port's Makefile in orther to include support for this
remote. I don't know if your hardware is supported...

--
anton