Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 04:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        "Derek C." <coffee@blarg.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: CD-ROM on a Dell Inspiron 8000

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

:
:On 21-Jul-2001 Derek C. wrote:
:>  Has anyone gotten the TEAC CD-ROM builtin to work with 4.3? I am upgrading
:>  to stable right now, in hopes that will help, but anyone with this laptop
:>  who knows what to do to get it working, your help would be greatly
:>  appreciated....
:>
:>   From my dmesg:
:>  ata0-slave: identify retries exceeded
:
:Mine works great..
:acd0: CDROM <TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E> at ata0-slave using PIO4
:
:It doesn't do DMA though - I get errors reading files if I try.
:
:Some people have said that the DVD/CDRW drives don't work unless you sleep for
:60 seconds before booting the kernel (ie an autoload  delay of 60s)

This is from a Dell Latitude C800, but it's the same CD-ROM as the one in
question:

ata0-master: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 compliant cable
ad0: 19077MB <IBM-DJSA-220> [38760/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA33
acd0: CDROM <TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E> at ata0-slave using PIO4

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"