Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:25:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@freebeastie.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxtv (?) freezes box

A Studio PCTV Rave card (848A chip) is doing fine with fxtv on a dual
pentium pro (200 MHz) with a lot of RAM (192MB) running 4.0.

I just tried another one in a Pentium 166 MMX with only 32 MB. It runs
fine. As soon as I try to change from X to a console (Alt-Ctrl-F2),
which works fine otherwise, the box freezes: blank screen. Sound keeps
running... Not pingable anymore. Nothing gets it alive again, except
the power button.

This is on 3.4 stable of 10 days back with Windowmaker.

--
Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl              http://zelf.net
marc@freebeastie.org         http://www.freebeastie.org

propro         	  5:14am  up  17 days,   7:25,  load average: 2.01 2.04 2.05