Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:06:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Nugent <malhavoc@stomped.com>
To:        "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pine/sendmail: relaying prohibited

Just curious, but what is the outgoing domain on messages you send via
pine?  I've seen a few misconfigured machines that use
localhost.localdomain as the outgoing domain for pine, and sendmail will
reject messages originating from this domain by default.

If this is your problem, the easiest way to fix it in pine is to go into
your setup section and change the user-domain value to something that
sendmail will accept.

HTH, Jason

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 at 12:05pm, P. U. (Uli) Kruppa thought about

> Hello,
>
> when I try to send an email from pine I get this
> message:
>
> Mail not send: relaying to <address> prohibited by administrator
>
> I am on a single-user machine, i. e. I am the administrator and
> I did not - as far as I know - prohibit anything.
>
> I guess there is something wrong with sendmail-configuration?
> (Oh, I am writing this in netscape-mail. It seems to work fine.)
>
> Thanx for any hints.
>
> Uli.
> --

Jason Nugent