Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 11:41:09 +0200
From:      "John Andersson" <yottaman@writeme.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Lucent IRQ mode problem

Hi!

I have a problem with the Lucent WaveLAN pccard inserted in a PCI pccard
adapter (See log below for more specific information). I get the
following error:

pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 irq 10 on isa0
pcic0: management irq 10
... snip ....
pccardd[87]: Card "Lucent Technologies"("WaveLAN/IEEE") [Version 01.01]
[] matched "Lucent Technologies" ("WaveLAN/IEEE") [(null)] [(null)]
wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 5 slot 0 on pccard0
... snip ....
pccardd[87]: wi0: Lucent Technologies (WaveLAN/IEEE) inserted.
pccard:wi0: WaveLAN/IEEE inserted
/kernel: wi0: tx buffer allocation failed      <--- ERROR --->
/kernel: wi0: xmit failed
pccardd[87]: pccardd started
/kernel: wi0: device timeout
/kernel: wi0: tx buffer allocation failed

I have looked around on the net and found others with similar problems,
most of the time does it seems to be some kind of IRQ conflict. I have
tried lots of different IRQ on my computer, change the BIOS config to
set the IRQ for the adapter and Lucent card to Legacy ISA (instead of
PCI) and made sure that no other card have the same IRQ. Nothing seems
to fix the problem.

I have heard from someone else that had similar problem for Linux and
they could fix it by changing "irqmode" to 0... Possibly has this
something to do with different IRQ modes for PCI, ISA, and pccards. I
have not found any similar option in FreeBSD, does it exists such an
option somewhere or does it exists some other solution?

TIA,
John