Date:      06 Sep 1999 19:56:31 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates in latest build?

Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be> writes:
> 	Blargh.  I followed the instructions on
> <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/stable.html>, but didn't realize
> that it was going to create a /etc/cvsupfile that had "." for a
> default tag.  Now I get to reset that to "RELENG_3" (which is what I
> really wanted in the first place), and start all over again.

More FUD. The supfile referenced in the "Staying Stable with FreeBSD"
section of the handbook contains:

# The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
# "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3

Please stop spreading such disinformation. It only comes across as an
infantile attempt to cover up the fact that you didn't do your
homework, and it damages the project's reputation as well as your own.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no