Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:36:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David J. Fiander" <djfiande@julian.uwo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on my Soundblaster problems

Two people recommended that I switch to Luigi's PCM driver and
see how that worked.  It recognized the card, but reported that
it was disabled.  So, I entered the boot setup and set "Enable
PnP OS" to "no" and it all worked perfectly.

Out of curiosity, I went back to the VOXWARE driver and it now
recognizes the card, but it complains about the DMA configuration
(1/3).  I checked the source, and apparently the VOXWARE stuff
requires that the second DMA channel be > 4.  Since 1/3 works
fine for Windows, I just removed that code from the driver and
rebuilt and it too worked (mostly) normally.  Some quicktimes
don't work though.  Why is that test in there?

So, back to Luigi's.  The QTs that cause problems with my hacked
VOXWARE drivers, also kinda freak out PCM, but I'll cope.  Under
PCM, the audio stops playing after a (variable) while.

- David

--
David J. Fiander     | Stupidity (May Subd Geog)
Incipient Librarian  |      - Library of Congress Subject Headings