Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:34:10 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>, FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: nVidia Cards /w FreeBSD (3D Acceleration)

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> NVidia cards are all I buy now, have 3 or 4 right now ... don't the cards
> have some sort of serial number?  is there any way of using that to
> provide a pseudo-petition list ... maybe our new benefactors could talk to
> NVidia themselves, get nVidia to setup a nonline 'registration form' that
> we could all connect to and submit our serial numbers, to give them a feel
> for number of FreeBSD'rs out here?

nVidia cards are really the ONLY choice to buy now... Not that Im complaining,
they are good cards, we just need some support for the more recent ones!
Since I cant find anything for the GeForce line... Let alone GeForce2, and the
GeForce3 series (are they going to call it that?) will be on sale soon...

If there is enough interest from us they should be willing to make ports to
FreeBSD.. I mean they support BeOS, how many people even use that, let alone
have nVidia cards? Surly we could match them in numbers!