Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:18:44 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Monitor mirror status via 'mirmon'?

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On 2005.09.14 11:34:38 +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> In an out-of-band discussion related to ftp/www/cvsup.bg.FreeBSD.org,
> George Danchev mentioned 'mirmon', a utility for monitoring the
> 'up-to-dateness' of project mirror sites based on the timestamp of
> a file touched hourly on the master site:
>=20
> http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/henkp/mirmon/
>=20
> Would it be a good idea to run something like that for the FreeBSD
> mirrors?  I think a file with a timestamp updated hourly would not
> put too much stress on the mirrors.

I think it would be a very good idea.  I have been looking a bit at
doing it for the website, but I have never gotten around to doing
anything about it, and I don't really have the time at the moment
either.  So IMO it would be great if somebody(tm) did something about
it :-).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1