Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:39:49 -0300 (EST)
From:      Adauto Souza <adauto@df.ufpe.br>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   alpha PC

I have got four AlphaPC 164LX stations, 533 MHz,
running redhat Linux.

I am looking for help to install FreeBSD on
my machines.

I've tried to install both FreeBSD and OpenBSD but
I face problems with the BIOS. Indeed the machines
have Alpha BIOS instead SRM. The present configuration
is able to run both Linux (running right now) and
Windows NT. Under Linux the system starts from MILO.

Do anybody out there know how can I overcome this
problem?

I really do want to run FreeBSD on the Alpha stations.
I've got a lot of pc's running FreeBSD and they perform
very fine.

Adauto