Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:27:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LILO

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Jean-Paul van der Windt wrote:
> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:52:54 -0400
> From: Jean-Paul van der Windt <jp@niagrow.com>
> To: "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: LILO
>
> Howdy.
>
> I've just installed freeBSD 4.5 dual-booted with Win2000.  I can get into
> both no problem, except I'm annoyed that the F1 choice says ?? instead of
> Windows 2000.  I read through the boot manager docs and I'm supposed to have
> lilo.conf in /etc ....but she no is there.  I've done a search but this file
> is not to be found.
>
> What would have happened there and is there a way to get it?
>
> Much thanks for any help.

LILO is the LInux LOader. Since you don't have linux installed, you don't
have LILO. Your question stands, though. I'd like to know how to change
those labels myself.

I think it's a disklabel(8) thing, but I don't have an extra box lying
around to test it on. disklabel is a powerful and dangerous thing ;-)

/*
 * John Bleichert
 * syborg@stny.rr.com
 * http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg