Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:22:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI thermal panics ThinkPad 600X

"Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net> wrote:

> My only outstanding issue is that I can't suspend if an application
> is holding /dev/dsp or /dev/audio open.

Can you suspend from within graphics mode?  I can't seem to do that,
neither with APM nor with ACPI.  In some case, i've seen four
horizontal lines upon wakeup, in other cases, the graphics display
gets restored correctly, but the machine still locks up (probably in
APM BIOS, not even the lock key LEDs react, but Fn works).

Suspending from within text mode always works.  The graphics mode
problem is particularly annoying if the system enters auto-suspend
on a low battery condition...