Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:16:24 -0300
From:      Konrad Scorciapino <fallenbr@uol.com.br>
To:        mwm-dated-1049488508.f16489@mired.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Printer

> > How can I configure a USB Printer on FreeBSD? Actually I have a Deskjet
656c
> > from HP and I've tried to send something to /dev/ulpt0, but the system
simply
> > locked up.

> if ulpt0 is showing up in dmesg, then you have the printer
> configured. What to do next depends on what you want to do with the
> printer - and whether or not the deskjet is a winprinter.

ulpt0 is showing and it detects my printer type. Here is the output:

konrad@localhost ~ > dmesg | grep ulpt0
ulpt0: HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 656C, rev 1.10/1.10, addr 2, iclass 7/1

I want to be able to print all popular kinds of files. How can I proceed?
And how do I know whether my printer is a winprinter or not?

Thank you!