Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:24:17 +0100
From:      Ian J Hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Ian J Hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
Subject:   Re: zpool scrub errors on 3ware 9550SXU

Quoting Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>:

> Did you answer my question of whether or not this can be reproduced
> on 7-STABLE?

Yes I did, but the threading is a little broken, sorry that's my fault.

To reiterate, with 7 stable circa Jun 25th scrubs complete okay on the
exact same hardware and v6 zpool as fails under 8.0-BETA1.

I'm scrubbing under 7 every time a run under 8 fails.

A reminder of the setup.

3ware 9550SXU-16
16x 1.5TB seagate. These drives throw bad sectors!

2 8 disk raidz2 vdevs combined into one pool.21.8TB.

Test file system with compression on copies 2

I don't think this is a zfs error as such, it looks like the card
gives up, which then spawns a whole series of bogus checksum errors
(but what do I know).

It's odd that it seems to take 40m+ to fail. Offsets are always large.

How can I test for/eliminate any LBA error?
What else might cause the card to fail (after 40m)?

BTW I have to put this into production soon, so I can start testing
all the other stuff which might not work (ie samba).

Thanks for your help.