Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 00:56:20 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD

At 12:53 AM -0400 8/13/99, James Gill wrote:
>I dunno, perhaps this is an opportune time to try to coordinate the
>projects?

It is always a good time to coordinate them.  The trick is in actually
doing the coordination...   :-)

I assume you're suggesting that the freebsd project pay the openbsd
project some amount such that the openbsd project (outside the USA)
could maintain some security-related pieces meant for FreeBSD, and
thus avoid the US export-control issues?  I don't know how well that
would work.  If it's workable, it might be advantageous for both
projects.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute