Date:      Thu, 5 May 2011 22:26:14 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sending a Fax

On 5 May 2011, at 22:19, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El d=EDa Thursday, May 05, 2011 a las 07:21:29PM -0700, Doug Hardie =
escribi=F3:
>=20
>> One of my clients needs to send a lot of faxes.  He has a Brother =
8680DN which will fax.  Any ideas how to send a file to it and get it to =
send a fax?  I am not finding anything beyond printing for that unit via =
>=20
> Check out HylaFAX in the ports; don't know if your modem is supported;

Thanks.  As best as I can tell the Brother unit has a modem built it, =
but the only interface to it is via ethernet.  I suspect it takes a PDF =
and then sends that, much like printing.=