Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:28:01 -0500
From:      Nikolay Vernyayev <nikolay.vernyayev@gmail.com>
To:        "oggi milano" <oggimilano@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cant install openoffice package

Hi,

Try to make by old and proven methode - BSD ports.

So, here is on you local machine should be directory (if not you may process it by sysinstall)  /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2

So, make follow:

su -
cd  /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2
make
make install

This will work (in case you are onlin ;) ) - will fetch all of necessary tarbols, sourcess as of OpenOffice as of dependencies.

As well it is possible to compile source by yourself or use platform independed installer (that is using Java as for installation as for operation). So refer to www.openoffice.org to fetch latest copy of source (big bundle), see building WiKi, etc...

If you need detailed process description for building open office - let me know.

BR,
Nikolay Vernyayev

I am blogging here: http://nicoec.blogspot.com/