Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:48:22 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), dcs@newsguy.com (Daniel C. Sobral), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jar@integratus.com (Jack Rusher), sam@errno.com (Sam Leffler), zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu (Zhiui Zhang), freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Design a journalled file system

At 3:46 AM +0000 2/27/01, Terry Lambert wrote:

>  Because you can't ditribute a FreeBSD kernel with GPL'ed code
>  linked into it legally, due to the GPL disallowing distribution
>  of the code with non-GPL'ed code.
>
>  Yes, changing the license to the LGPL would fix the problem.

	Ahh, okay.  I haven't been watching the list very closely the
last couple of days, and I had somehow come to the mistaken
conclusion that your statement was made on the basis of technical
reasons as opposed to license issues, and I just couldn't see how
there would be technical problems with what you were proposing.

	Thanks for the clarification!