Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:49:24 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xmms do..do...doing hickups

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> =

> XMMS does these annoying hickups, ie. replaying a tiny soundbite ~6 tim=
es.
> The duration of these hickup is less than =BD a sec.
> =

> It usually happens when I load a webpage or something. Which would impl=
y that
> XMMS isn't running at a high enough priority. But I have reniced and
> rtprio'ed to the max without any improvement.
> =

> Someone here with a good advice?

Unfortunatly, that can be caused by another PCI card on your system
hogging
the bus for some big transfer (like say pushing a great big screen
update
to your video card).  Hopefully this isn't your problem because the only
way I know fix it is to replace the misbehaving card.  =

-- =

  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer
_|  _|___|  _| _|_\___| Office: 703-883-7755