Date:      Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:08:27 +0100
From:      Raf Schietekat <sky92136@skynet.be>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-Windows

Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

>[..]
> That should be
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=X&manpath=FreeBSD+Ports

Yes, this works, but now someone has to actually change the Handbook
(which is why I'm sending these remarks to doc@FreeBSD.org).

>[..]
> The quoted statement is overblown in my opinion.

 >[...]
Your explanation clarifies a lot, but then this statement should be
toned down, and my suggestion to check for occurrences of "X Windows"
loses its urgency, if not its relevance. I propose:

Alternative forms for ``X'' suggested by the X Consortium, such as the
trademarked full name ``X Window System'' and a few combinations which
add the version number, can be found in X(1). If you want to adhere to
that list, you should not be calling it ``X Windows'', another name
commonly used.
<<<<<

Raf Schietekat <Raf_Schietekat@ieee.org>

P.S.: Is the boss of the stuff about kdm reading this (see my other
question), or should I go to FreeBSD-questions first?