Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:27:18 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AHA2940 Ultra

> Hi
>
> A colleague at work has just got an AHA2940UA. At boot time
> the message is (abbreviated)
>
> PCI0:9 Adaptec device=6178 int a irq 10 [No driver assigned]
>
> Have you any experience with this card? If I just patch the source
> to treat it as a 2940 or 2940U do I have a reasonable chance of
> success?

I made a few changes a while ago to make it work, but I think I saw
Justin committing support for it during the weekend. One problem I
had with the card (and my patches) was that when I did a reboot the
Adaptec BIOS did not see the disks anymore. It might have been my
patches, but some people suggested that it might be a firmware
problem.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za