Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:53:09 -0600
From:      David Duchscher <daved@tamu.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Winbond IO chip driver

It was suggested that this list may be a better place to post my
request.

I have started work on a WinBond chip driver (currently only the
W83627HF chip) to provide access to the chips watchdog timer and
sensors.  I have never written a driver before and my C is rather
rusty so I figured I would post what I currently have in hopes that
some kind soul would take pity on me.  What I have so far is located
here:

  http://freebsd.tamu.edu/wbio/

The driver does attach and the watchdog timer works for the chip in my
test machine running FreeBSD 6.3.  TData sheets are here:

  http://www.winbond-usa.com/en/content/view/143/273/

Any advice, pointers, documents would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time...
--
DaveD