Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:33:00 -0400
From:      Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiplexing TCP sockets in the NFS client

  So, I'm thinking that it might be better to change the client code so
  that it shares one TCP connection between all mounts to the same
  server.

My quick reaction is that this is an interesting question and that it is
likely that different choices work better in different environments.  So
if it's at all reasonable, I'd lean towards making a run-time option to
change behavior, exposed as sysctl, and invite benchmarking.