Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 21:56:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@toplink.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclom 8 port compatible, irq problem

Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks back about problems with a Cyclom 8 port card.
Well I still have not got the sucker running and thought I'd ask for pointers
one last time before dumping the card any buying an orignal cyclom product.
(I now finally know of a dealer here in Germany)

The card is supposed to be fully compatible with the cyclom 8 port card.
The manufacturer is Decision computers http://www.decision.com/.

Here's how far I got.  The dos program checks the card and says its ok.
The dealer says the card works under linux with their cyclom driver.

The card is detected ok
  May 25 17:39:14 toplink5 /kernel: cy0 irq 15 maddr 0xd8000 msize 8192 on isa

but it does not throw any interrupts.  i.e. it does not show up in vmstat -i
When I try to talk to a connected modem characters just end up in the
outbound queue but nothing happens.

  ck@toplink5: {8} pstat -t | grep cuac
  cuac0  0   0  26 1296 256      28 OCcBa      0     0 term
  cuac1  0   0  22 1296 256      24 OCcBa      0     0 term

I don't think it's a hardware Problem as I am currently dual booting dos
and freebsd 2.1r on the test machine. The dos test programs detects
the card and says it's ok.

I now have following questions to the world ;-)

- Is anybody else using a Decision Computers Card ?

- Do I need some kind of special cabling ? The modems run fine of
  normal sio ports.  I run my modems with AT&F&D3&C1S0=1

- Do I need any special stty settings to get it started ?

- One theory of mine is that there is some minor difference to the
  "real" cyclom Product in initialising the card and getting it to
  trigger interrupts.  Any tips on what I should look out for ?

- Where in the kernel should I start tracing to check if the irq
  has really been registered ?   Or can I safely assume that the card
  is not triggering any interrupts.

Greetings
Christian

--